How to be good at chemistry, is the very common question that arises in the mind of every o level and a level student.
You may not think it sounds important, but if you want to have a successful career in chemistry, you need to know how to do well in your chemistry classes.
In this blog post, I will give some tips and tricks that will help how how to become good at chemistry and to achieve your goals in the subject of chemistry!
Here are 5 points that will help you to be good at chemistry.
Attend lectures and take notes
Attending lectures and taking notes is a really easy way to be good in chemistry.
You must go to every lesson, but don’t just scribbles down the professor’s words – take detailed notes about the content.
You can also create your study guide for each topic or chapter by making a table with information from all of the lectures, so it will be easier to review what was taught before an exam.
Attendance and note-taking are two things everyone should do if they want to get better grades in chemistry!
If you are looking for online chemistry classes visit our website today and get a professional chemistry teacher
To be good at chemistry: Set your study goals
It is important to set up your study goals before you start studying chemistry. Your goals will help you focus on the right topics and identify areas where you need to improve.
The first step in setting up your study goals is figuring out what type of learner you are to create a plan that suits your needs.
For example, if you know that working on math concepts one-on-one with a tutor would work best for you, then it would make sense to include “math tutoring” as an item under “extracurriculars.”
Once this goal has been identified, the next step is to figure out how much time per week should be spent on each subject under the topic: Chemistry
Use a flashcard app like Anki or Quizlet for studying formulas and vocabulary lists.
Studying chemistry? Use a flashcard to be good at it! Did you know that there are many different ways to be good at chemistry?
For example, using a flashcard app like Anki or Quizlet can help you study formulas and vocabulary lists.
There are many benefits to using this method, such as seeing the information in different formats and quiz yourself on previous material.
The best part is that these apps are free, so they don’t cost anything!
Preparing for class: Read the Textbook
The best way to be good at chemistry is to read the textbook before attending your next lecture.
You must be prepared for what your teacher will be teaching and anything not covered in their lectures. There are a few reasons why it’s good to read the textbook before class:
1) You will know the content better than anyone else, making it easier for you to answer questions from classmates or teachers.
2) Your professor may refer back to the material discussed in the lecture when they are lecturing on other topics during class. If you haven’t read the assigned chapters, some of these references may leave you confused.
3) Preparing for class by reading the assigned chapters helps keep track of all new knowledge
To be good at chemistry: Ask lots of questions!
Asking questions is one of the most important skills that a scientist can have. It’s also one of the best ways to learn! To be good at chemistry, it’s not enough just to know all about what chemicals are and how they work – you need to ask lots of questions!
Ask: “Why do reactions happen?” and you’ll get a long list of questions, each leading to more. For example:
- Why are some substances solid or liquid at room temperature? What properties make them behave this way?
- How is heat related to the reactivity of different substances?
- If something reacts, what happens to their initial state and final state?
- What’s the difference between a gas and liquid at room temperature?
- Why do some substances dissolve in water but not others?
- How are solids different from liquids when it comes to reactivity, energy levels, and properties like density or color?
Ask as many questions as you can until you find the solution.